The #1 St. Cloud State University wrestling team (16-2, 7-0 NSIC) will be looking to earn its fourth consecutive Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference championship when the Huskies travel to Augustana College on Friday, Feb. 20 for a 7 p.m. match in Sioux Falls, S.D.
Both the Huskies and Vikings will enter the match with perfect 7-0 records in NSIC competition, and the winner of the match will be the 2014-15 NSIC champions since this is the final conference dual of the year for both teams. The match will also mark the end of the Huskies’ 2014-15 regular season dual schedule.
LIVE VIDEO STREAMING
SCSU SEASON STATS
SCSU WRESTLING NOTES & NEWS:
- The St. Cloud State wrestling team pushed its season record to 16-2, 7-0 NSIC with a pair of conference dual wins over the weekend. On Feb. 13, the Huskies rolled to a 40-3 victory at Southwest Minnesota State and then completed the sweep with a 26-6 victory at #10 Upper Iowa on Feb. 15.
- SCSU and Augustana will battle for first place in the NSIC on Feb. 20 in Sioux Falls, S.D. This key dual match will take place at 7 p.m. The Huskies have won three consecutive NSIC championships (2012, 2013 and 2014) and have charted a perfect 30-0 record in NSIC dual competition since the 2011-12 season.
- St. Cloud State University earned a number one ranking in the latest NCAA Division II national polls released last week. This marked the first time this season that SCSU has earned a number one ranking in the DII national poll. Individually, SCSU’s Clint Poster was ranked first in the nation at 157-pounds and this marked the first time this season that a SCSU wrestler has been ranked first. At 165-pounds, Gabe Fogarty was ranked second in the nation, while Austin Goergen was ranked third in the nation at 285-pounds. SCSU’s Mike Rhone was ranked fifth at 133-pounds and Josh Howk was ranked fourth at 141-pounds for the Huskies.
- Clint Poster owns a 31-0 record this season for the Huskies at 157-pounds, while Austin Goergen is 26-1 for SCSU this winter at 285-pounds. Poster chalked up a big win on Feb. 15 with a 3-0 decision against Upper Iowa’s Jordan Rinken, who is ranked #4 in the nation at 157-pounds.
- SCSU has now won 35 consecutive matches in NSIC competition. The last time the Huskies suffered a loss in the NSIC was an 18-13 setback at Augustana on Jan. 27, 2011. Of note, the last time that SCSU has lost a dual match at home was a 21-15 loss to Upper Iowa in Halenbeck on Feb. 14, 2010.
- Clint Poster has 31 wins this season and is approaching the team record for wins in a season, which was set by Shamus O’Grady with a 40-1 record in 2012-13 and Tad Merritt with a 40-2 record in 2010-11. On the topic of records, Austin Goergen has 14 pins this season. He set a team record with 19 pins during the 2013-14 season and now has 33 pins to his credit as a Husky
Probable Starters for SCSU-Augustana March on Feb. 20:
125: Tim Prescott (14-6) OR Joel Salomon (12-2)
133: #5 Mike Rhone (15-3) OR Jarred Oftedahl (19-6)
141: #4 Josh Howk (22-3) OR Zach Stewart (9-8)
149: Larry Bomstad (21-3) OR Taner Trembley (17-7)
157: #1 Clint Poster (31-0) OR Travis Holt (24-4)
165: #2 Gabe Fogarty (21-2) OR Josh Berg (15-9)
174: Clayton Jennissen (27-10) OR Aaron Bates (15-11)
184: Dylon Braun (19-10) OR Ben McPhail (22-10)
197: VJ Giulio (12-3) OR Trae Story (16-7)
285: #3 Austin Goergen (26-1) OR Caleb White (12-11)
View More College News
Click Here: geelong cats guernsey 2019