A report has played down claims that Independiente del Valle midfielder Moises Caicedo is set for his medical at Man Utd.
Caicedo only made his first-team debut for Independiente del Valle in October 2019 but since then he has been on a rapid rise.
Over the last 14 months he has made 30 appearances for the club, scoring six goals and providing two assists for his team-mates, while he has now played four times for Ecuador, grabbing a goal and three assists.
FEATURE: Big Christmas: Leicester v Man Utd, Newcastle, Lamela, Arteta
A report on Wednesday claimed that Man Utd would ‘decide soon’ on whether to sign Caicedo or not, while another reckoned he had left Ecuador for England.
And now a newspaper in Ecuador, Diario Expreso (via Sport Witness), has said on Christmas Eve that ‘all roads for Moisés Caicedo lead to Manchester United’ and that Man Utd have ‘stepped forward’ in their attempts to sign the teenager.
And the report adds that the only reason a deal has not been announced yet is because of his medical and negotiations over his five-year deal, which isn’t expected to be a problem.
However, the Daily Telegraph doubt a deal is as close as reported elsewhere with the newspaper claiming that ‘a deal is not as advanced as has been reported’.
Meanwhile, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer picked out Axel Tuanzebe and Eric Bailly for praise after their 2-0 victory over Everton in the Carabao Cup last night.
“The players know we trust them,” Solskjaer said. “We have a big squad and everyone has to step up at different times in the season.
“It’s a big game for players who haven’t played for a while, Axel [Tuanzebe] for example and Eric [Bailly], they’ve not played for a while. They did really well!”